You don’t want to miss this: All Music Sunday
This Sunday, June 25th, we celebrate friendship and song with a powerful, faith-filled, possibly even rockin’ morning of music. It’s a great week to bring a friend or neighbour to church. And a week to not miss yourself.
Looking for a little more inspiration?
Here’s the choir singing Love Train last year!
Want to invite a Friend? Not sure how you’d go about inviting a friend to church? Here are some simple tips:
- Make the invitation low-pressure. “I’m not sure if you’re free, but…”
- Tell them why you like it here. “The community has been so supportive of me… The music is better than I expected… The preaching is powerful…”
- Make it personal for them – connect it to why you think it might be a fit. “I know you’ve been a bit lonely lately… I know you grew up in a church that doesn’t work for you anymore…”
- Respond to concerns. Honour people’s real worries about whether they would be welcome, what they would wear, whether their kid might be too noisy, what they would say to others, ect. Listen, and respond with both love and helpful information.
- Offer to go together, or meet them out front. Even if you know someone there, it can be intimidating to walk in alone. Particularly for folks who have had bad church experiences in the past.