Living Your Spiritual Gifts
Each year Canadian Memorial offers a connection circle for those seeking to identify their unique cluster of spiritual capacities. Living Your Spiritual Gifts is a process of self-exploration guided by Rev. Beth Hayward. Through it, participants discover their strongest gifts and discern how to align their lives to their gifts, making their own lives more fulfilling and enriching others’ lives.
- Saturday, March 17, Discovering: In this first workshop, you’ll answer probing questions and begin honing in on your gifts. (9:30 am start, 3-hour session)
- In an hour or two on your own, you’ll work through the spiritual gifts indicator in your program booklet and reflect on your findings.
- In a confidential interview with Beth (the time slot chosen at registration), you’ll identify your three strongest spiritual gifts.
- Saturday, April 21, Discerning: In the wrap-up workshop, you’ll consider how best to use your spiritual gifts in service/ministry to others. (9:30 am start, 3-hour session)
- Sunday, May 6, Declaring: If you choose, you’ll participate in a short ritual during the service in which your spiritual gifts and ministries will be announces to and blessed by the congregation.
Living Your Spiritual Gifts is a congregational perk for only Canadian Memorial Church attendees. The program is limited to 9 people and hosted in a home near CMUC, on Alder Street at West 14th Avenue. To register and choose your interview time with Beth, please contact Colleen:
Explore your spirituality in community! Join in one of the oldest spiritual traditions of our faith and come together to dialogue spiritual ideas, ask tough questions and share in community. Build intimacy and trust and see the Divine in each other. Engage in meaningful spiritual dialogue and community with our weekly Connection Circles. Connection Circles are weekly or monthly gatherings, both during the day and in the evening. Grouped around a number of topics, see below for what is on offer!
The Connection Circles will provide the opportunity for people to:
• Explore their evolutionary journey
• Engage with others in spiritual practice and reflection
• Experience the culture of Canadian Memorial
Find out more here, and register in the main church office.
Free and held at the Centre for Peace on Tuesdays, 7:00–8:30 pm.
Learn meditation techniques, listen to spiritual readings read by Sam Wyatt, and meditate with a community. Free and held at the Centre for Peace on Tuesdays from 7:00–8:30 pm. For more information contact Sam Wyatt, email@example.com
Companions walking in faith, prayer, and wisdom through the seasons of the Christian year.
Open to everyone, Centerpoint provides structure and support within community to facilitate spiritual growth, group spiritual guidance, and leadership from trained, experienced facilitators.
Cost: $640 for the program (includes a down payment for the spring 3 day Silent Retreat). Stay tuned for 2018-2019 dates.
Led by Facilitators/Spiritual Companions Susan DuMoulin (firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-734-9134) and Gwen Dirks (778-952-5580), trained and experienced in theology, psychology, and spiritual accompaniment.
Programs in Earth Literacies
“Programs in Earth Literacies is a new initiative developed within the Living Language Institute Foundation (LLIF). The vision for Programs in Earth Literacies developed among a number of colleagues who over the past few years have been participating in circle gatherings, retreats and workshops reflecting on Earth spirituality, Eco-theology, care for Earth, and deep ecology in order to deepen their understanding of the place of the human within the cosmos. We envision a breadth of possibilities within Programs in Earth Literacies to explore what it means to be creatures of Earth and to participate in caring for Earth from that perspective.” For more information, please click here.
Teilhard de Chardin On Love, Evolving Relationships with Gertie Jocksch SC
Saturday, Mar 17, 2018 10 am – 4 pm| $70 Please bring lunch, refreshments are served
“Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.” Pierre Teilhard de Chardin Love is a central concept to Teilhard’s evolutionary insights. We will explore how love is the core energy for evolving life. The day will consist of practical exercises to engage in the energies of love.
Working together with Canadian Memorial United Church
Location: Canadian Memorial United Church, 1806 W.15th Ave. & Burrard St. Vancouver