Living Your Spiritual Gifts
At the beginning of every new year, Canadian Memorial offers a program for those seeking to identify their unique cluster of spiritual capacities. Living Your Spiritual Gifts is a process of self-exploration guided by Rev. Beth Hayward in which participants learn to align their lives with their spiritual gifts and, by so doing, enrich the lives of others.
The program has four phases. Please note the dates.
- Saturday, January 21, Discovering: In this small-group workshop, you answer several probing questions to begin honing in on your gifts. (9:30 am start, 3-hour session)
- In an hour or two on your own, you work through the spiritual gifts indicator in your program booklet and reflect on your responses.
- In a confidential interview with Beth (the time slot chosen at registration), you identify your three strongest spiritual gifts.
- Saturday, February 18, Discerning: In the wrap-up workshop, you consider how best to use your spiritual gifts in service/ministry to others. (9:30 am start, 3-hour session)
- Sunday, March 5: During the regular worship service, if you choose, your gifts and ministries are blessed by the congregation.
Living Your Spiritual Gifts is a congregational perk for Canadian Memorial Church attendees only. The program is limited to 9 people and hosted in a home located at Alder Street & West 14th Avenue. To pre-register and choose your interview time with Beth, please contact
Explore your spirituality in community! Join in one of the oldest spiritual traditions of our faith and come together to dialogue spiritual ideas, ask tough questions and share in community. Build intimacy and trust and see the Divine in each other. Engage in meaningful spiritual dialogue and community with our weekly Connection Circles. Connection Circles are weekly or monthly gatherings, both during the day and in the evening. Grouped around a number of topics, see below for what is on offer!
The Connection Circles will provide the opportunity for people to:
• Explore their evolutionary journey
• Engage with others in spiritual practice and reflection
• Experience the culture of Canadian Memorial
Find out more here, and register in the main church office.
Free and held at the Centre for Peace on Tuesdays, 7:00–8:30 pm.
Learn meditation techniques, listen to spiritual readings read by Sam Wyatt, and meditate with a community. Free and held at the Centre for Peace on Tuesdays from 7:00–8:30 pm. For more information contact Sam Wyatt, email@example.com
The 32 week Centerpoint program returns to Canadian Memorial’s Centre for Peace starting September, 2016. Open to both men and women, Centerpoint offers the opportunity to explore and practice the ancient wisdom and contemplative traditions of the Christian faith. Centerpoint provides structure and support within community to facilitate spiritual growth, group spiritual guidance, and leadership from trained, experienced facilitators.
Cost is $640 for the program (includes a down payment for the spring three day Silent Retreat), payable in instalments of $160 every 8 weeks, plus $35 for a binder of Wisdom Teachings, payable upon registration. There is a limit of 8 participants. Fall semester: Mondays, September 19 – December 19, 2016, from 7:00-9:00pm, in Room 201 at CMUC’s Centre for Peace. Spring semester: January 9 –May 29, 2017, from 7:00-9:00pm.
Contact: Susan DuMoulin, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 604-734-9134.