COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR – March 2018
The Communications Coordinator assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Canadian Memorial United Church & Centre for Peace, adhering to the policies, mission and values as a member of the CMUC team, and fulfilling all aspects of the role in a respectful, supportive and caring manner by:
- Ensuring the creation of worship service resources in print and multimedia presentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creating and managing the communications online and print portals of CMUC.
- Advising and supporting the communications standards and planning for CMUC.
- Coordinate verbal and print announcements for worship service with ministry team.
- Coordinate receipt of copy for, format, edit and proofread worship service bulletins by deadline.
- Coordinate and complete worship service bulletins printing.
- Create worship service multimedia presentation in consultation with ministry team.
- Assign and coordinate worship service media computer operators.
- Liaise with worship technical staff related to job tasks.
CMUC Communications – internal
- Create, prepare and post content for the CMUC website and social media feeds.
- Post and upload social media content to CMUC website including blog, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook posts.
- Maintain and add names to e-newsletter list.
- Collaborate on the creation of print and online church publications.
- Advise and collaborate on creation of communication and social media protocols.
CMUC Communications – external
- Assist with distribution of promotional and educational print materials.
- Support office and ministry staff as required.
- Greet and assist members of the public, members of the congregation, and mission partners as required.
Administrative – General
- Monitor supplies inventory related to job duties.
- Respond to enquiries regarding CMUC communication.
- Collaborate and advise related to CMUC’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.