WE ARE SEEKING AN OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Our inclusive, progressive community is looking for a superstar Office Administrator for the non-ministry functions of our church and busy rental facility. The Office Administrator is both the face of our community to the public and the nexus for our ministry staff and congregants.
The role is ideal for a go-to type of person (the anticipator, detail-watcher, and systematiser) used to working in an open office environment keeping everything running smoothly. If you have experience in administration, operations, office management, hospitality and/or events management, this position might suit you.
Who we are
Canadian Memorial United Church (CMUC) & Centre for Peace is a vibrant, growing, Affirming faith community in central Vancouver. Our work environment for ministry and lay staff is congenial, collaborative and welcoming to persons of all beliefs. We celebrate the God-given diversity of our humanity in ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, and sexual orientation, and we welcome the full participation of all persons in the life and work of our faith community. You can read more about us HERE.
Overview of job responsibilities
- Coordinate facility rentals
- Lead and supervise staff
- Coordinate office & facility operations
- Manage property services
- Report to the Lead Minister and collaborate with other staff
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Planning and logistical skills
- Integrity and maturity
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to attend to detail
- People management skills
- Collaboration and congeniality
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong computing
Knowledge & experience of our ideal candidate
- Several years’ experience in administration, operations, office management, hospitality and/or events management. Or a combination of experience and equivalent education.
- A track record of effecting organizational improvement, including implementing new processes
- Proficiency in both Windows (required) and Mac (asset) operating systems; comfort with learning new in-house software as required
- Strong computing skills, especially using MS Office software and G Suite applications
- Familiarity with standard accounting practice; proficiency in simple bookkeeping; experience with payment processing software
- Experience in event planning or management, an asset
- Experience in public relations and marketing as related to the promotion of facilities, an asset
- Experience in the non-profit sector, an asset
- Requirement to apply for and provide a Police Information Check on acceptance of the position
- 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 11 am to 6 pm
- Salary range, $25 – $27 per hour, depending on experience, plus a comprehensive benefit package from the United Church of Canada
Please review the FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, and then apply via email as per below.
Please email a cover letter with your resume to the Chair, CMUC Ministry and Personnel Committee, Canadian Memorial United Church & Centre for Peace: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your interest! We’ll be monitoring applications closely and contacting promising candidates for a preliminary telephone interview. This posting will remain open until a candidate is hired.